Labels

Friday, March 25, 2016

Oh, How IT IS FINISHED>


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How deep the Father’s love for US,
How vast beyond all measure,
That He should give His only Son
To make a wretch His treasure.
How great the pain of searing loss -
The Father turns His face away,
As wounds which mar the Chosen One
Bring many sons to glory.

Behold the man upon a cross,
My sin upon His shoulders;
Ashamed, I hear my mocking voice
Call out among the scoffers.
It was my sin that held Him there
Until it was accomplished;
His dying breath has brought me life -
I know that IT IS FINISHED.

I will not boast in anything,
No gifts, no power, no wisdom;
But I will boast in Jesus Christ,
His death and resurrection.
Why should I gain from His reward?
I cannot give an answer;
But this I know with all my heart -
His wounds have paid my ransom
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Words that grab: deep, give, boast, paid.
DEEP: "Long ago the LORD said to Israel: "I have loved you, my people, with an everlasting love. With unfailing love I have drawn you to myself." -Jeremiah 31:3 (NLT)
GIVE: "God showed how much he loved us by sending his one and only Son into the world so that we 
might have eternal life through him." 1 John 4:9 (NLT)
BOAST: "As for me, may I never boast about anything except the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ. Because of that cross, my interest in this world has been crucified, and the world's interest in me has also died." -Galatians 6:14 (NLT) 
PAID: "He himself bore our sins" in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; "by his wounds you have been healed." -1 Peter 2:24 (NIV)


May we never lose our wonder, how the Father loves us so.

No comments:

Post a Comment